Sunday, December 7, 2008

Make Your Own

I did not know that you could make your own Sweetened Condensed Milk!

It was brought up in the Fudge thread that you could make it and I did NOT know that!

It is yet another super simple recipe that you can do, especially if you are in a pinch and find you are out of it. Or do like others and just always make your own.


INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
3/4 cup boiling water
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup white sugar
2 2/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder


DIRECTIONS
Combine water, butter, sugar and milk powder in a blender and blend until thickened, 2 minutes. Store in refrigerator.

Sweetened Condensed Milk

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Neat! I didn't now you could make your own sweetened condensed milk either. Thanks!

MotherToMany said...

Yeah I didn't know either. It's nice to know in a pinch or to save money.

Homemade by Lisa said...

Is it as good as the can? Just wondering. I came across a recipe for this in the new Kraft magazine and thought huh? So when something come up more than once I'm interested.