Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tie Dye Cookies

So in my other blog I posted about the rainbow cookies. Well I finally got around to making them but we used different colors. They were the colors the kids wanted to use. Purple (Sariah), Blue (Mason), Pink (Rachel), & Green (Liam).

I tried to make the cookies using the snake method, but it was becoming too time consuming.


So I reverted to the ball and press method, and decided to call them Tie Dye Cookies instead, because of the effects it made with the cookies.





The dough really does work like play dough, only a tad more breakable. The cookies taste kind of like the butter cream cookies I make but softer. So they were goo but needed some icing I thought.



Later on in the night I whipped up some butter cream icing and iced most of them and they were a lot better. Down side was covering up the tops of the cookies, since they were so beautiful. I think if I were to do this for a party or to give to someone, I'd be sure to ice the bottoms and also add colored sugar sprinkles to the bottom of the icing too so that way you could display the pretty Tie Dye Tops without having the icing get all over the place.



As for ease? The ball and press was a LOT easier for the kids too. They all had fun rolling and pressing them out too.

Jaylen the cookie monster!




The kids enjoying their cookies!

They're GREAT!

Who liked the cookies? "Meeeeeeeeeee!"


Making some silly faces!



Jaylen - "I'm living in a crazy house!"

No comments: